Neutrik Headphone Jack Exact Part?

Dallas · 1748

Offline Dallas

on: December 25, 2013, 08:52:49 AM
Hi everyone and Merry Christmas! I am brand new to the forum and have what hopefully is an easy question.
I have a Crack kit that I am building over the Christmas to New Year's break. I liked the look of the Neutrik locking HP jack and now am not even sure if I have the correct jack? I ordered an "NJ3FP6" Now when I look at the instructions for the build, I see six connectors on the original jack included with the kit, the Neutrik that I ordered has only three. TRS...
First, should I have a different model that does some kind of switching as the headphone is plugged and unplugged?? If so PLEASE tell me what the exact part # is.
If what I have is correct, please point me to, or tell me how to wire it correctly. I have tried many different searches for this info here but seem to not be able to find it. I hope this makes sense and someone is able to help me out... :)
Thanks to everyone in advance!!
Dallas

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 09:04:42 AM
The Neutrik jack supplied with the kit does have a switching function built in.  If one wanted, they could wire the jack so that the outputs are shorted shut when no headphones are plugged in (See the sticky on the Crack sub-forum).

The Neutrik jack you purchased does not have the switching function.  You'll notice in the manual that only 4 of the headphone terminals are used (2 of the 4 are wired together), so this is not necessary for proper operation.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 09:15:29 AM by Caucasian Blackplate »

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Dallas

Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 09:15:01 AM
Thanks Paul for the very quick reply. I still (sorry) don't understand if I can use the Neutrik jack that I purchased or not. Should I get a different model or can I wire this one to function correctly. And how.... ;)
I appreciate your time and patience.
Dallas

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 09:15:38 AM
Yes, you can use this jack.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline Dallas

Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 09:21:51 AM
Great, and thanks again for the help!! Where is the Crack "Sub-Forum". I'll bet you're laughing at that question, but that's why I'm a newbie!!
Dallas

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 09:24:10 AM
You've posted in it.

Here is the relevant sticky:

http://www.bottlehead.com/smf/index.php/topic,2946.0.html

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline Dallas

Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 09:30:58 AM
Thanks , I got it!!  :)