part confirmation

hasafraker · 1721

Offline hasafraker

• Hasafraker Blog
on: December 26, 2013, 05:33:41 AM
hi guys, just going over the parts list with what was supplied. only 1 discrepancy.

475k ohm 1/8th watt resistors (4753F)

I got 4752F's and they measure 472k ohm so I'm assuming this is ok? I haven't gotten into the build at all yet and so I don't know where these go and if the slight difference will matter at all just want to confirm.

as long as it sounds good, who cares?

Main system; AT-LP120-USB Turntable w/AT440MLa, Bottlehead Reduction Phono, Decware ZSP1 Preamp, Pass Labs ACA Monoblocks, PSB Alpha B1's, MartinLogan Dynamo 300 sub. Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball, Interconnects and stands all DIY.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 06:32:01 AM
Either you are mis-reading those resistors or your meter is (or you are mis-interpreting your meter). 4752F would be 47.5KΩ, NOT 475KΩ. Both values are included, 47.5KΩ is at the input (as they are at the input of most phono preamps). The 475KΩ is at the output. Carefully inspect your resistors and make sure the right ones go in the right places.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline hasafraker

• Hasafraker Blog
Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 06:51:51 AM
and this would be why I have learned not to be in a hurry...

thanks Josh, when I was checking off parts I evidently checked off the 4752 thinking it was the 4753 and when I got to those ones and couldn't find them, yeah ok losing my mind. wouldn't be the first time. I remeasured them and the 4753's are 471k and the 4752's are 47.2k.

thanks for the sanity check lol

as long as it sounds good, who cares?

Main system; AT-LP120-USB Turntable w/AT440MLa, Bottlehead Reduction Phono, Decware ZSP1 Preamp, Pass Labs ACA Monoblocks, PSB Alpha B1's, MartinLogan Dynamo 300 sub. Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball, Interconnects and stands all DIY.