Voltage Issue, No sound in Right channel

dutchgfx · 800

Offline dutchgfx

on: January 04, 2014, 06:45:45 AM
Well, I finished my Crack that I got for Christmas. It was extremely fun to build and I had no issues whatsoever. I finished it this morning, and went to test with my junky headphones, and I didn't get sound in the Right channel. Sound in the left was normal, gain worked, pot worked, etc. There was a slight hum in the Right channel, and no music. So I tested the voltages as per the manual...

B1, A6, and Terminal 1, all measured ≈ 59.6v. There may have been one more terminal near the transformer measuring the same, but I can't recall. Both LEDS work, as the sound in the left channel works fine. If you guys could point me in the right direction, it would be great, thanks!

Nevermind, I'm a dumbass. I forgot to solder from A7 to the Pot... Idiot. Problem solved.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:05:08 AM by dutchgfx »

Offline kgoss

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 09:52:35 AM
No point in beating yourself up for a simple mistake. Finding and fixing it yourself just makes the experience more satisfying. But if you hadn't the experts here would have helped you fix the problem without any ridicule. Doc has created the best support system in the world with this forum - that's my opinion anyway. Congratulations and enjoy the music!

Ken Goss