Alphaville, Forever Young

johnsonad · 2665

Offline johnsonad

on: January 18, 2014, 02:38:06 AM
Hopefully there are a few other 80's music fans here! I picked up this CD years ago for the song Forever Young but it has grown to be one of my favorite albums.  The mastering is outstanding and really shows how synth and digital can in done right.  There isn't a bad song on the album and I'm always surprised at how great it sounds in my system. 

Aaron Johnson

Offline SailorMac

Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 04:09:58 AM
Big in Japan!

Cheers!

Jeffrey Jurik

Klipsch Kg3's - Hafler DH500 - Bottlehead Quickie - CNC Phono Stage (P2P) - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon TT

Offline denti alligator

Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 01:53:29 PM
yeah, this one holds up!

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline sl-15

Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 08:11:43 PM
i have this one on vinyl, found it a few years ago at mod lang in el cerrito, california, almost a perfect copy.  i do remember them from back in the day when they were pretty popular. i saw them on the music show formel eins, which was the german version of mtv but just better.

i think i never listened to the whole album back then. listening to it now i agree that it is pretty solid, and the mastering is very good indeed.

Stefan Hampel
Soundsmith Carmen, modded Technics SL-1200mkII, Thorens TD 125 mk2 with SME V, Eros, Extended Foreplay III, BeePre2, Crack, Pioneer Spec 4, Sonus Faber Electa

Offline Chris

Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 01:58:32 PM
Yep, I have the vinyl as well... Good stuff...

Offline SailorMac

Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 10:19:56 AM
Okay I forgot that I had the vinyl version as well, so I had a listen and agree that this album sounds fab. It reminded me of a couple of other my other New Romantic favs..

Duran Duran - The first album with the 6:20 (Side 1 Track 1) version of Planet Earth - I have it on vinyl (ST-12158) I think it can found eleswhere and sometimes as Planet Earth (Night Version). I have never been able to listen to the common version of Planet earth again..

Haircut 100 - Pelican West - listening to the cd right now, can't find my vinyl right now, but will keep looking for a comparison to the digital remaster. Horns, percusion and vocals sound amazing to me, especially on Track 2 - Favourite Shirts.

Cheers!

Jeffrey Jurik

Klipsch Kg3's - Hafler DH500 - Bottlehead Quickie - CNC Phono Stage (P2P) - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon TT

Offline johnsonad

Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 01:49:40 PM
Thanks, I'll give those two a listen.

Aaron Johnson

Offline Paully

Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 11:27:49 AM
Anyone compare the vinyl to the CD?