U means upper; L means Lower: just realized this

tfrei · 1206

Offline tfrei

on: March 01, 2014, 01:28:06 PM
On p. 18 of the Quickie build process.  Ready to install the first resistor and it refers to 4U and 5U.  What is U? 

Just realized that the L means lower and the U means upper. Duh.

I don't think this is a big problem.  Can't I just put the 1K resistor on the lower side of the terminal strip?

:-[

Offline aragorn723

Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 02:41:39 PM
Hi,

I would suggest sticking to the manual.  It shouldn't make a difference whether the resistor goes on the top or bottom electrically, but space will be a concern.  There is a lot more wiring that will be done in later steps (a bunch of wires mostly) to the lower terminals, so you'll probably need the space in the terminals. 

Dave

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 03:15:49 PM
The upper and lower terminals are electrically the same.  But Dan and company have figured out which components will fit easiest in the upper and lower holes to make assembly less awkward. 

As long as everything you do fits you are fine.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:54:33 AM by Grainger49 »

Offline tfrei

Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 04:09:39 PM
Thanks.  I can probably remove the few wires I put up top and move them to the lower level.  I appreciate your help.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 05:51:59 PM
Before you remove connections, read forward in the manual to see what else goes to there. Realizing that U&L are electricly the same, it may be no biggie to find room for the next connection...John

John Scanlon