Very faint hum(?) on the right channel

cheneric · 873

Offline cheneric

on: March 27, 2014, 11:26:03 AM
So I recently finished my crack and I was listening to music the whole time. I realized I never really listened to the silence. I heard this very, very feint hum noise in the right channel that randomly phases in and out and sometimes it just doesn't do it anymore. I'll try to listen for it more, but the noise may come more often after listening to music? I have to listen very hard for it.

The noise is not affected by volume.

It doesn't really bug me, but I want to make sure that there's nothing wrong so I can make sure it's ready for a speedball install.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 11:35:01 AM
If it comes and goes it may simply be interference from something in your listening environment.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline cheneric

Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 10:42:32 PM
If it comes and goes it may simply be interference from something in your listening environment.

Hmm..it seems to be constant now. I get some buzzing on the left channel now too. The right is just a constant faint high pitch noise now. I think it happens after it warms up a bit. Going to try again tomorrow morning. I'll also plug it in away from my electronics. It is about a feet away from my computer so that's probably going to be the case.