Are the CS4 upgrade kits still available?

photoeclipse · 4149

Offline photoeclipse

on: April 11, 2014, 12:29:41 AM
Hoping... hoping - I just finished the kit today but already I'm feeling toey to get stuck into it again. If these kits are still available that would seem perfect!

Cheers, Phil

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 04:40:37 AM
The C4S was discontinued several months after the Seduction. We no longer stock the boards and other parts of the kit that are not used elsewhere in the kit lineup.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline photoeclipse

Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 03:32:33 PM
Thanks Joshua - I thought that might be the case.

Still, I love the seduction as it is - upgrade or no!

Cheers, Phil

Offline atxkmm

Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 06:52:00 PM
Hello,

Piggybacking off of this thread... hope that's OK.

I am new to the board and new to BH products, but not new to tube gear or DIY...  Happy to be here!

I have been scouring the web for a schematic for the C4s that was designed specifically for the Seduction as I cannot find a pair of them for sale at this point, and am perfectly capable of soldering one up. The Seduction I acquired is a stock unit, and while it does sound very good with my SE amp, I cant help but wonder what the C4s brings to the table.

Doc B or Paul, or anyone else, is this something that is in an archive I can reference?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

ATXKMM

Kevin M. McMahon

Yes, I have the sickness...

Current active setup- TubeLab SSE (w/6CA7)/Seduction/homebrew speakers

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 07:07:11 AM
The circuit is the same as other C4Ss, it's the PC board shape and layout that were optimized for the Seduction. R1=237, R2=~120K. Doc B is on vacation this week, maybe PB or Josh knows if there are any boards in stock.

Paul Joppa

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 07:15:31 AM
The C4S was discontinued several months after the Seduction. We no longer stock the boards and other parts of the kit that are not used elsewhere in the kit lineup.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 07:39:34 AM
The boards were made in batches of 9, cut apart by hand - making it costly to produce a single kit. I seem to no longer have a copy of the board design file. You could get two of the SEX kit C4S upgrade packages; the 150K ohm resistor R2 is close enough to the original 120K but you must replace the 499 ohm resistors with 237 ohms. It will be a kludge to get the boards in place - one of the Reduction changes was to make the current boards fit well.

Paul Joppa

Offline atxkmm

Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 02:14:08 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies!

I expected that the acquisition of boards might prove difficult, and was willing to build a pair in anticipation of them not being available. If it is the same circuit with the newer SEX kits, then that will work as well. I can fab up mounting easily enough. Can I assume the v2.0 or earlier would be right or go with the v2.1, and a total of 2 for one application?

If there are a set of Seduction boards to be had anywhere, it would be nice to have the "OEM" board design but this is a DIY forum after all, so thats kind of oxymoron-ic : )

Thanks everyone!

KMM

Kevin M. McMahon

Yes, I have the sickness...

Current active setup- TubeLab SSE (w/6CA7)/Seduction/homebrew speakers

Offline gstew

Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 05:18:02 PM
Sorry I haven't been following the Seduction threads closely for awhile... I have an unbuilt Seduction CS4 kit here and would be willing to lend the board if someone wanted to copy it and make their own... Doc and PJ willing.

If anyone is interested, let me know & we can make arrangements.

Greg in Mississippi