unconventional quickie hookup

aragorn723 · 1464

Offline aragorn723

on: May 05, 2014, 02:25:55 PM
Hi, my wife got me some wireless Sennheiser headphones, and I was wondering if it would be possible to hookup directly to the Quickie outputs?  The manual for the headphones says you can hook it up directly to the output of a source (i.e. cd player), maybe it can work for the Quickie too (and switch sources with the quickie selector switch).  Any thoughts?  Thanks,

Dave

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 02:32:34 PM
Is the manual suggesting connecting the wireless headphones to the RCA outputs or the headphone jack on a CD player? If it's suggesting connecting the headphone transmitter to the CD player's RCA jacks then yes, a Quickie could be connected. If headphone jack, probably not.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline aragorn723

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 03:48:26 PM
Doc,

The manual says you can directly connect to the rca output sockets of your audio source, to a 3.5mm socket (with adapter) or to a 1/4" headphone socket..  Does this mean the input on the transmitter won't be overloaded by the signal?  It sounds like it might work!

Dave
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:55:31 PM by aragorn723 »

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 05:29:43 PM
Well if they say RCAs work that sort of implies it can work with line level signal, so it sounds like it might work fine. And of course the transmitter will not be overloaded if you control the level with the Quickie volume control.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline aragorn723

Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 11:57:21 PM
That's pretty cool!  This should be fun to play with.  Thanks!