Wall Mount

M42 · 2419

Offline M42

on: May 20, 2014, 06:07:12 AM
Hi All,

I thought I'd post a photo of my latest acquisition, a Pro-Ject wall mount for my turntable. It's a very nice piece of kit, I can finally move about my listening room without fear of bouncing my tonearm all over the record! As an added bonus I think I detect a slightly quieter background when the turntable is operating. I'm very happy with the results.

Jeff

Jeff Hullin

Stereomour(2A3), Eros, Crack/Speedball, Thorens TD160 MKII, Grace F9E, Sennheiser HD600's, Frugelhorn 3's, DIY 8" Subs.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.

Offline galyons

• Geary Lyons
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 07:06:17 AM
+1 on wall mounts.  My house is  2+3-story all wood framed perched on  steep hillside.  The upslope side is 2 stories and the downslope side 3 stories.  The main listening area is hardwood flooring on the top level of the 3 story side. Playing vinyl was disastrous until I went to a wall shelf, on an exterior wall, with a sand/air platform base.  Before the wall mount any footfall, door close or heavy flatulence would cause a skip and/or jump!!  It hasn't been totally eliminated, but now it takes a pretty forceful "slam" of the entry door to create any issues.

Cheers,
Geay

VPI TNT IV/JMW 3D 12+Benz LP-S>  Eros + Auralic Aries + ANK Dac 4.1 >Eros TH+ Otari MX5050 IIIB2 > BeePre >Paramount 300B 7N7 > EV Sentry IV-A

Thorens TD124/Ortofon RMG-212/SPU >Seduction > Smash^Up> Paramour 45 MQ >K12's

Offline johnsonad

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 08:51:13 AM
Thanks for the info! I move often and this will help in the future.

Aaron Johnson