Enhanced Upgrade - Cap question

Aural Robert · 9374

Offline Aural Robert

on: April 18, 2010, 06:41:47 AM
I'm in the midst of installing the enhanced bits, and I decided to go with AuriCaps. They have one red lead and one black lead and so I'm wondering if the orientation will make a difference or not.

I'm upgrading all 4 caps. If there is a preferred orientation, please don't say "red to the B+" or such, you need to know that I'm an electronics illiterate who follows directions very well. Should the red wire go to the tube socket? Or the terminal strip?

THANKS in advance.

Aural Robert
... the WHITE ZONE is for loading and unloading only ...

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 07:02:56 AM
This would be a FAQ.  Maybe it should be a sticky under Technical Topics?

Auricap's Application Page:  http://www.audience-av.com/capacitors/a_applications.php

"In all coupling applications the input to the Auricap should be the black lead and connected to the signal source or circuit output with the red lead continuing on to the next circuit input."

Offline Aural Robert

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 07:57:36 AM
Ok, so studying the schematic with my VERY LIMITED knowledge, I'd say that the black lead connects to the tube socket in both the 2uF and the .1uF, which of course means the red end connects to the terminal strips. Right? or Wrong?

I just want to make sure I have this right. THANKS.

Aural Robert
... there's a red house over yonder ...

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout

Offline Grainger49

Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 09:46:30 AM
Yes, you have it.  The tube is the source of the sound, the input to the cap.