High volume buzzing sound

patwes · 985

Offline patwes

on: June 14, 2014, 04:36:18 AM
Hello,

I just soldered and made my first quickie 1.1. It worked from the start but then I did something wrong. I used it together with a power amplifier and shut off the quickie first. The speakers made a bang but otherwise nothing happened.

After putting both on again my quickie makes a high pitching strange sound, repeatedly like in a sequence. The sound is almost like a musquito, but at higher volume and not continuously. When I put up the volume the sound is still there but does not get stronger. The sound is not from the tubes, since switching the tubes does not help and it is also not from my in-channels, since the sounds remain even when not connected to any device. The music still works fine but there is this terrible buzzing sound. All the solders I checked and done again but it does not help. Can anybody help me determine what the problem is? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Greetings, Patrik

Offline patwes

Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 05:05:41 AM
Hello again,

The sound was interference from other electronic equipment. The sound was so loud that I could not figure it could be this :)

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:18:05 AM
FAQ #1, sadly not often read:

http://bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=2408.0

This was often asked about 10 years ago.  I guess we assume that everyone knows now.  That isn't true.