Adding a second set of rca outputs to the Foreplay

hatrack71 · 2499

Offline hatrack71

I am wanting to do this to one of my Foreplays but I am not tech savy. Is there a thread on this or can someone who has done this simply explain the procedure to me? Thanks

Currently setup: Firestone Audio Bravo/ Supplier/ Fubar IV Plus, Bottlehead Foreplay (modded), Western Electric 91A 300b monos, JansZen Z-210A

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 01:38:26 AM
You don't mention which flavor of Foreplay you have.  The FP III has a second output so yours is like mine. 

All you have to do is drill holes behind (assume the selector and volume controls are at the front of the chassis) the existing output RCA jacks.  Then run a short piece of wire from the ground of the existing output to the ground of the new ones.  Again, run a short piece of wire from the center conductor of the existing output to the center conductor of the new output.

That should take care of it.

Offline hatrack71

Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 01:52:51 AM
I have the Foreplay 1. Thanks. I'm confused. Wouldn't the center connections be positive? And wouldn't I also need to join the outer grounds?

Edit: I think you were maybe just saying repeat the same procedure with the positives instead of repeating (again) hooking the grounds. My bad and thank you so much!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:58:05 AM by hatrack71 »

Currently setup: Firestone Audio Bravo/ Supplier/ Fubar IV Plus, Bottlehead Foreplay (modded), Western Electric 91A 300b monos, JansZen Z-210A

Offline Grainger49

Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 02:04:55 AM
By again, I meant similarly.

Yes, the center pin is the positive.  On the existing outputs the center pins are fed from the output capacitor.  The existing output grounds are attached to the long grounding wire or ground buss. 

So 4 short pieces of wire will jumper Left Hot, Left Ground, Right Hot and Right Ground to the existing RCA jacks.