Need a little descriptive help

Jim R. · 4461

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
on: April 25, 2010, 01:51:45 PM
Can one of you guys who have the kit do me a huge favor and give me a verbal description of the numbering scheme for the terminal strips?  I'm blind and can't follow the build instructions without this information.

I'm assuming looking at the bottom side of the top plate with the iec in the upper left corner, and those terminals are the same as the s.e.x -- line neutral and earth going from left to right.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:16:30 AM
This really isn't that hard, so can somebody please help.  Here's what I'm looking for:

The 6-lug terminal strip on the RCA side of the trsansformer is numbered x through y from the front to back *(or back to front, whichever makes most sense), the one on the iec side is numbered x through y, the 5 lug terminal strip on the 12au7 socket is numbered x to y from left to right, and the one on the tube is labeled x to y, going left to right.  Again, this is with the plate upside down the iec at the top left -- i.e. as you would be working on it.

Thanks,

Jim

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 06:25:52 AM
Jim,

You know if I had one I would.  But there are only a few out there today.  Maybe Paul Birkeland can help?

Offline HiFi Builder Guy

• HiFi Builder Guy Facebook
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 08:14:25 AM
Hi Jim,

Starting with the front strip (closest to the 12au7) the numbering begins left to right with T1 being closest to the Headphone jack. T6 through T10 (L to R) for the next strip back.  The strip to the left of the power transformer is numbered 11 to 16 front to rear (16 is nearest the IEC socket), and finally T17 through T22 are to the right of the PT with T22 being closest to the RCA jacks.

Regards,

Shawn

Shawn
HiFi Builder Guy

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 08:51:07 AM
Thanks, Shawn!  Beautiful -- just what I needed!  A tremendous help.

Grainger, I know you would have helped but I also knew you didn't order a crack kit.  Thanks for the offer anyway.

Now, where's my soldering iron?

-- Jim