speaker choices

Maynard · 4807

Offline Maynard

on: September 05, 2014, 02:40:42 PM
Hey all,
This sounds exciting. So if I built a smash and seductor what floorstanding speakers would be advisable? Bear in mind that I live in Australia!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 03:04:29 PM
A single Seductor can put out 4 watts per channel. It's pretty tolerant of different speaker types, but to play absolutely any kind of music at realistic levels you would probably need speakers of around 96 dB sensitivity. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to use Seductor with Orcas. That setup won't shake the house but it will sound lovely at more moderate listening levels.
Seductor is designed to be priced such that one might consider buying a couple. In which case you could either stap each stereo amp into an 8 watt monoblock, or possibly more intriguing if you have a two way speaker, biamp your speakers with one Seductor running the tweeters and one Seductor running the woofers.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Maynard

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 03:33:11 PM
Great thanks Doc. Just hope Blumenstein post to Australia. I suppose I could do that with my Klipsch RB5 II's 96 db sens, (2 x seductor, one running tweeters, the other woofers). Why would you use this method?  And would this setup be favorable to the Orcas or Klipsch's with say a single stereomour? Thanks.

Offline denti alligator

Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 03:47:25 PM
So I have Klipsch Forte IIs (sensitivity around 99db)... how would one or more Seductors compare to the Paramounts?

And would the BeePre be overkill?

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline Stedes

Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 05:24:29 PM
Hey all,
This sounds exciting. So if I built a smash and seductor what floorstanding speakers would be advisable? Bear in mind that I live in Australia!

Hey Maynard, whereabouts are you?  I'm in Sydney. Building a Smash and then a Seductor.

Offline Maynard

Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 05:28:08 PM
Hey I'm in melbourne. What speakers are you gonna use? How's the build going?

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 05:54:49 PM
Guys, you can read the other thread in this category for my take on Seductor vs Stereomour. The short answer is that our prices must reflect the relative sonics. That is very important to me.

The Klipsch speakers mentioned will play loud with either amp. Orcas high point is fabulous imaging and a mellow natural midrange at moderate listening levels. If you want the most accurate image and fatigue free listening go Orca, want to shake the house and party big stick with Klipsch.

I also recommend changing only one component at a time.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline SETup

Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 01:29:29 PM
All current Omega speakers will work well with any Bottlehead amp from the S.E.X. on up.  For years people have been matching Omegas up with low and flea powered amps with great success.  Omega also has a dealer down under: Krispy Audio.