A question regarding the 330K ohm 3W 5% resistor

wullymc · 1259

Offline wullymc

on: September 24, 2014, 05:06:36 PM
Hi guys,

I am about  to begin my Paramounts build and just have a question before I begin.

First, I apologize I am a visual guy and that is why I love Bottlehead manuals. 

I went through the package and everything looks good but I notice a difference in the 330k ohm 3W resistor.  In the manual it is black with writing on it and the one that I got is one with the coloured stripes.  I have tested it and it shows 330.  I have attached a picture of the one in the manual with the one that I received.

I am sure it is ok to go ahead but would hate it if later I wrote because of bad voltages and smoke because of this!  Thanks for your understanding.

Take care...Dave

Dave
Project RPM5.1 with 2M Bronze/Graham Slee Era Gold V/Quickie with PJCSS/Paramount 1.1 300B/Woden Valiant

ODAC/Crack/DT880 600ohm

Current Project:  Beepre!!!

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 05:09:02 PM
Yeah, this is a bit of a funny topic.

The 330K resistor in the manual is a part that we are actually bringing back into the inventory for the Seductor.  It was in the original Paramount kit, but at some point it went out of stock, and we switched to the part we currently are sending with the kits.

Either resistor will work well in that position, with the one you have being a bit bigger and perhaps running a little cooler.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline wullymc

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:55:47 PM
Thanks Paul.

Much appreciated....now on with the build....very exciting!

Take care...Dave

Dave
Project RPM5.1 with 2M Bronze/Graham Slee Era Gold V/Quickie with PJCSS/Paramount 1.1 300B/Woden Valiant

ODAC/Crack/DT880 600ohm

Current Project:  Beepre!!!