Oh those Poor,Poor La Scala's

Mordicai · 1363

Offline Mordicai

on: November 23, 2014, 04:54:07 PM
Ordered a Stereomour and some Orcas the other day so Ive been trolling the Stereomour Forum. Seeing how so many folks are using La Scalas with this amp brings back so much sadness. Back in 1978 my wife and I and our kids( 1,3,5.9) moved from LA to a piece of remote wilderness property high-up in the Colorado Mountains near the Flat top Wilderness. We could get in by jeep in the summer, but in the winter ( Nov-April) it was skis or a snow mobile. Preparing to leave LA we tried to figure out what we would do for SOUNDS. The plan was to use a small 12 v cassette deck run off a 12v battery charged by a tiny generator and hooked up to the most efficient speaks we could find..La Scala's. That first winter we were in heaven lying on the floor of that small one room cabin rocking out to tunes. Those speakers dominated that small space! We couldn't believe such a big sound was coming from that cheap little car player.  That summer we returned to the cabin from a two day hike to find it burned to the ground. The only thing standing were the voice coils of those fabulous speakers. A sight I remember as if it was yesterday. Still own the property, and look forward finding a way to power the Stereomour and some Orca's.