Completed Smash tonight at first leds were on now NO.

mobelos · 4705

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 03:33:49 AM
How about the DC voltage between 26 and 27?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:41:42 AM by Caucasian Blackplate »

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline mobelos

Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 04:34:40 AM
Im getting -08.36V black lead on 27, red lead to test 26

And yes the 0D3 glows beautifully.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 06:44:34 AM
OK, you have the voltage available for the little green PC board to make your filament voltage, which is good, but that voltage isn't getting to the tubes.

Now, very carefully measure the DC voltage between the black and red wires that leave the green PC board and head up to the tube sockets.  My guess is that you have 0V on those wires.

If that's the case, then I would inspect the construction of that PC board, looking for funky joints or missing joints.  Also, double check the mounting instructions for the L200 regulator.  If the hardware isn't installed perfectly, you'll short the transistor case to the amplifier chassis.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline mobelos

Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 11:00:09 AM
Success! ;D

Thank You so much.  I shrink wrapped the drain wire on that connection and it looked identical to the other black wire and I reversed them.  I cannot thank you enough.  This process was so much fun and helped me learn a good deal.  Can't wait for the smash up! upgrade.  But now onto some listening this evening.  Its a little noisy hooked up to a t-amp but I am going to set it up with my Magnavox EL84 here in a bit and some Tekton full range bookshelf speakers which is why I purchased it.   Im grinning from ear to ear just thinking about it.   Thanks!

Joey