where to insert the quickie in my system?

bobster · 8778

Offline bobster

on: October 19, 2009, 05:25:37 PM
Okay - I can no longer ignore the rave over a quickie and I would like the capability to listen to headphones.  Given the system listed in my signature (when all is finished), where does a quickie as a headphone amp go?  Alternatively, does it make more sense to add the headphone output without adding the quickie?

I am a total know-nothing when it comes to how these beautiful pieces of equipment work. I just like the sound.  So please speak slowly and distinctly at a 5th grade level when responding.  No need to SHOUT however.  :-) (where are the smileys in this software?)

Appreciate any suggestions/input.

Thank you,

Bob Musson
Seduction (extended), Foreplay, Paramours, Klipsch Heresys, Orcas, Crack plus HD 600s
Lovin the Bottlehead sound in Maryland

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:28:08 PM
I will take a crack at your question:

The Quickie is not the highest gain preamp on the planet, but the Foreplay III sure it.  If you used the FP-III to drive the Quickie, you would likely get better headphone performance than driving the Quickie directly (assuming a decent headphone match). 

Adding the headphone output without the Quickie means redesigning the Foreplay into a SEX amp...

(Good luck on the Paramounts, taking plenty of time is a great idea!)

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline bobster

Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 04:35:01 PM
So just directly connect the output from the FP directly to the input on the quickie with an interconnect?  That's all there is to it?

Bob Musson
Seduction (extended), Foreplay, Paramours, Klipsch Heresys, Orcas, Crack plus HD 600s
Lovin the Bottlehead sound in Maryland

Online Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 07:06:19 PM
So just directly connect the output from the FP directly to the input on the quickie with an interconnect?  That's all there is to it?
That's another reason for having two outputs on teh Foreplay III  :^)

Paul Joppa