MD / DE / PA / VA Bottleneck meet

RayP · 1877

Offline RayP

on: May 14, 2010, 12:42:18 AM
At the 6V6 competition meet, I mentioned that I would try to hold a meet at my place before June. I've picked Sunday, May 23. Come any time after 10am. As usual, all are welcome.

Send me an email to rperry13 at my gmail account for the address. It's an 11 mile drive down the Elk Neck peninsula so some of you might consider car pooling from the Food Lion parking lot in North East which is on the corner of Rte 40 and Rte 272. There is plenty of parking room out the front of my house.

As usual, you are welcome to bring your gear and of course, CDs. If you are planning to bring large speakers, we will need to carry them up a flight of stairs to get into the house. My house is round (yurt shaped) and so the listening environment is unusual, but it makes a change from the usual rectangular box.

I've just returned from my month in the UK and yesterday I started to look into why my 6V6 amp didn't work at the competition. The problem appears to be in one of the 2SK3564's in the Powerdrive circuit which after working perfectly for a few months, failed at the critical moment. Hopefully I will have the beast working later today. And of course, the PP amp that also failed in one channel worked perfectly when I hooked it up yesterday. Just call me 'one channel Ray'.

ray

Ray Perry

Offline rock4016

Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 03:37:42 AM
I think for the next meet you attend Ray, just bring 3 mono blocks, so hopefully any 2 will be working at any given time.

:)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:46:58 AM by rock4016 »

Offline dbishopbliss

Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 10:50:04 AM
I don't think I will be able to make it.  Amazing how quickly things can change in your life.  My brother died last week, my daughter's school is not working out so we need to find a new one, which probably means I will be moving this summer.

Need to start getting the house ready.  I would rather be listening to music!

David B Bliss
Bottlehead: Foreplay I, Foreplay III, Paramour I w/Iron Upgrade, S.E.X. w/Iron Upgrade
Speakers: FE127E Metronomes, Jim Griffin Jordan/Aurum Cantus Monitors, ART Arrays
Other: Lightspeed Attenuator, "My Ref" Rev C Amps, Lampucera DAC

Offline RayP

Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 01:56:16 PM
You certainly have all our condolences on the loss of your brother. I hope you can use music to help you thru this difficult period.

ray

Ray Perry

Offline RayP

Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:33:17 AM
Sorry gang, but I am going to have to postpone to later in the year. Something else has come up ( a yard sale that I now have to attend ).

ray

Ray Perry