Another BeePre finished

Demsy · 1468

Offline Demsy

on: February 03, 2015, 03:47:47 AM
I received the package some months ago, missing 2pcs of 143kohm, 3pcs #6 solder tabs, 8pcs UF4007 and IEC power cord.

I started building the preamp 5 days ago and only by then found out about the missing parts. Got the parts from local electronic parts supplier. Not so happy with the look of the UF4007, but not much of a choice, I will contact Eileen for a replacement. Finished the stock preamp 2 days ago, measured the resistance and the voltages, all are good. Listened to the new preamp using EH300B I had from the Paramounts and must say am very happy with the sound. But I noticed that the line voltage should be at least be 230V, lower than that it wil make buzzing, oscilating sound on both channels, measured using the Fluke 12. I am actually curious with the experiences of other 240V version BeePre users.

Today the BeeQuiet construction is finished, other than the typo in the manual, everything went well.

The BeePre and the Paramounts are now singing beautifully, can't say much other than ''very musical combination''. I believe that after the BeePre has made more time, it will all be perfect, at the moment the imaging, sound staging and tonal balance are already good with pin point accuracy.

In short, another happy Bottlehead!