Slight buzz when using crack+ speedball with computer. [solved]

jmineart · 1263

Offline jmineart

There seems to be a slight buzz when using the crack coupled with my computer that is troubling me.

I have narrowed it down to the computer being the culprit due to the buzz changing based on what it happening with the computer and the buzz leaving when using the crack pared with my phone. I am using a fiio e17 as my dac with it plugged into a e09k but using the e09k as pass through only with no amping being done be e17 or e09k. Using both a usb and optical cable to connect the dac to the computer has no effect.  Also connecting the amp directly to the computer audio port has the same problem, maybe even worse. Playing games makes the buzzing the loudest and coincides with the frequency of either the cpu or the gpu. Can there be interference through the digital part of the chain?

Moving the amp and dac away from the computer has no affect on the noise.

Is there anything I can do with either the crack or my computer that could fix this problem?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:45:49 AM by Caucasian Blackplate »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 05:27:06 AM
This is a pretty common issue, but generally using an optical connection gets rid of the noise. 

Does using the optical cable help the situation?  Try just using the FIIO with the optical cable (unplug the USB) and its battery as the DAC, then feed that right into the Crack.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline jmineart

Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 07:15:00 AM
Look's to be the solution. Thank you!

Guess this gives me a reason to get a dedicated dac instead of the amp/dac hybrid I have been using.