I waited 4 years for S.E.X.?!?

vrgard · 9266

Offline vrgard

on: June 01, 2010, 12:25:18 PM
Over the long Memorial Day weekend I finally got around to finishing building my S.E.X. amp from the 2006 amp class that Doc and PJ put on (with the wonderful hospitality of Paul Stubblebine and Michael Romanowski).  Despite my embarassment at letting so much time slip past (yeah, I've been rather busy, but 4 years?!?), I have to share how much I'm enjoying it.  I'm using an iPod (with Apple adapter/stand) for input and headphones for output.  It's a very different experience from my larger (all Bottlehead) main system in that it's a wonderful little rig for private listening.  And so convenient to just flip on one power switch, make a song/album selection and start listening.  Thinking of replacing the iPod input with a Squeezebox Touch or another Duet like I have connected to my main system.  And hopefully it won't take me another 4 years to get around to installing the upgrade kit I also bought back in 2006.  Okay, I just had to share.  Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

-Randy

Offline Wardsweb

Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 05:13:20 PM
Totally understand. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

Offline johnvb

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 01:07:27 AM
I'm using a SB3 with an external EQ and DAC to my SEX. You probably already know this, but what's neat is you can fine tune the volume with the Squeezebox (using it's remote), making the setup "remote controllable".  I usually start out at the 95 level on the SB.

Offline vrgard

Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:40:55 AM
Wardsweb - thanks for the understanding.

johnvb - yep, you're right.  That's what I've been doing with the Duet in my main system.  Very cool and handy.