Question about DC filament supply

Jim R. · 3094

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
on: April 29, 2015, 11:00:06 AM
I don't want to insult anybody on the design team, but I wonder if the shunt-regulated filament supply is going to be usable with the EML tubes. They do have some restrictions about filament supplies (along with a host of other things ;-) ) that can void their warranty.

Please understand that I have no idea of the specifics of either your power supply or the EML guidelines.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 11:20:57 AM
The filament supply is not regulated.  Line voltage and load current (of the 2A3) will dictate what your 2A3 filament voltage will be.  We have many configurations on the primary to meet the wide variety of AC line voltages that our customers have, and all the EML 2A3's that I see have 2.5A filaments, so I do not foresee there being an issue.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 11:50:35 AM
Thanks, PB -- makes sense.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)