Mark Audio 12p speakers - question as to ohm setting on Paramounts

wullymc · 5125

Offline wullymc

Hi there,

A quick question.  I am looking at building another set of speakers and am looking at the Mark Audio 12p.  They are 92db but 7 ohm.

I have my Paramounts wired for 8ohm.  I believe in the manual it gives the wiring for 4,6, & 8 ohms.  Would I need to rewire the Paramounts for this speaker? 

Thanks....Dave

Dave
Project RPM5.1 with 2M Bronze/Graham Slee Era Gold V/Quickie with PJCSS/Paramount 1.1 300B/Woden Valiant

ODAC/Crack/DT880 600ohm

Current Project:  Beepre!!!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
You can wire them for 2,4,8 or 16 ohms. I would leave them at 8 ohms.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline wullymc

Thanks Doc!

Dave
Project RPM5.1 with 2M Bronze/Graham Slee Era Gold V/Quickie with PJCSS/Paramount 1.1 300B/Woden Valiant

ODAC/Crack/DT880 600ohm

Current Project:  Beepre!!!

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
(For completeness, the Paramount cannot be wired for 2 ohms - only the Stereomour transformer has that ability.)

Paul Joppa

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Sorry, meant to say 1,4,8,16 ohms.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline drewh1

Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 07:46:53 PM
Curious how your build is going. I am looking into building a pair of single driver speakers with these drivers. What did you come up with and how do they sound.

J-River on Custom built Music Server in Silverstone Case
Ayre QB-9 USB DAC
Kaiju
Stereoumour
Diy Cotton wrapped wire interconnects and speaker cab!es
Green Mountain Audio EOS HDx speakers
Crack with Beyerdynamic T1
Shunyata Diamond Back Power Cable
DIY Sub with Seas L26Roy Driver

Offline 4krowme

I was surprised to see this title about the Mark Audio 12P. It just so happens that I have built a small set of folded horns and am using this very driver. In short, I couldn't be happier with the results. I wondered if the 12P would be bass shy just because of its size, but in fact it is a very capable driver. The speaker cabinets remain unfinished except for basic use in the house until the weather gets a lot nicer. I used 1 1/2 box elder for the baffles, 3/4" MDF for the cabinet, and will cover most everything with 1/2" baltic birch plywood. Not sure what the tops and bottoms will be using, but i have time to think until spring.

Offline 4krowme

This is in the FWIW category. Yes, I did finish these speakers quite a while back, and am still using them with the Mark Audio 12P drivers installed. To this day I am happy with their performance. They do look better after being finished.