thinking about buying a turntable

aragorn723 · 19993

Offline kgoss

Reply #75 on: April 19, 2018, 03:39:43 AM
Dave,

Buy the table and get accessories as you need them later.  They are not required for you to listen to your first album. Sure some people clean every album before playing, but those people probably have a $5,000 to $15,000 cartridge on their arm. You are talking about an entry level table. Stop worrying about perfection (which no one achieves), buy the table, and have some fun!

Ken Goss

Offline aragorn723

Reply #76 on: May 15, 2018, 12:01:59 AM
Last night I pulled the trigger on a Uturn orbit with the Grado Black cartridge and cue arm  8)  I know this is a couple of years in the making, wanted to make sure there is a safe place to put it first (got a 5 year old and a 2 year old).  Can't wait to listen to some vinyl!

Dave

Offline adeep42

Reply #77 on: May 15, 2018, 04:22:22 AM
Congratulations. It's been a long time coming. Just like kids change your life, so can a turntable. GOOD LUCCK!

A

Offline aragorn723

Reply #78 on: May 15, 2018, 11:33:04 AM
It definitely has, thanks  8)  I think it only makes sense to have a turntable since most of my music is from the 60's, 70's, and 80's.  There are some really awesome Billy Joel Albums from the 70's I can't wait to listen to, and you can't forget Abbey Road from the Beatles too.  There's something really awesome about vinyl playback.  Of course this is the gateway to phono preamp upgrades, platter upgrades, and cartridge updates, plus lots of fun little gadgets like record weights, 45 adapters, anti-stat guns, cleaning brushes, and probably other things too.   Fun times!

Dave

Offline aragorn723

Reply #79 on: May 21, 2018, 04:03:56 PM
Today is the big day!  The orbit came very nicely packaged, and I was able to set it up without any issues whatsoever.  It currently has the Grado Black installed, and the cue arm.  Right now I am listening thru a set of wireless headphones, and already cannot believe how natural and amazing the sound is after only listening for a few minutes.   8)  I should have done this a really long time ago.  Someone on this forum suggested the orbit, so thanks are definitely in order too.  Time to get back to the listening!

Dave