No Music [solved]

rockpassion · 2916

Offline rockpassion

on: May 27, 2015, 02:18:59 PM
I just had a problem with my Eros.  I found the left channel transistor on the Regulator board to be bad I replaced it and rechecked the voltages and they were all within spec.  I hooked it back up to my Cinemag 3440 SUT (DIY) and no music.  I can hear the music way in the background when I put my ear to the speakers (Left and Right). 

Thinking I might have a problem with my Eros and I changed to my older Seduction and got the same output.  I believe it is either my SUT or my Cartridge.  But I do not know of anyway to test these.   Can the SUT or Cartridge be impacted because of a short in the Eros or a from a bad interconnect.  I do not see how the SUT, being a passive component, can short out or get fried. 

When I initially hooked the SUT up I got music from my right channel.  I changed some interconnects around thinking I had a bad interconnect and got a real loud hum from both channels.  Then the left channel in my Eros went out with the Right channel still producing a real loud hum (volume dependent).   

What started all this was changing out my Amps to new amps and also changing around my TT and preamp (BeePre) to different positions on my shelves.  I get great music from my Oppo 105 and I have switched around output jacks to see if that maybe the problem.  But I get music through all my jacks using the Oppo. 

Once again thanks for any thoughts or help.

Richard
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:44:47 PM by Caucasian Blackplate »

Richard Vince

VPI MkIV, Woody Tonearm w/Shelter 501 MkII Cart. w/Soundsmith rebuild, Cinemag CMQEE-3440A SUT, Eros Phono Preamp, Beepre Preamp , QuickSilver V4 Amps, DIY 89259 Speaker Cables  & interconnects, VH Audio Power Cables, OPPO 205 Player, DIY 3 way speakers

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 02:26:11 PM
You should be able to plug in even a low output cart directly into the Eros for testing purposes and get a low but reasonable output...John 

John Scanlon

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 03:17:28 PM
Be sure your SUT isn't cabled backwards. 

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline rockpassion

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 04:42:49 PM
Paul,

Boy how embarassing, that was what it was I had the cables reversed!!!! 

Thanks again.

Richard

Richard Vince

VPI MkIV, Woody Tonearm w/Shelter 501 MkII Cart. w/Soundsmith rebuild, Cinemag CMQEE-3440A SUT, Eros Phono Preamp, Beepre Preamp , QuickSilver V4 Amps, DIY 89259 Speaker Cables  & interconnects, VH Audio Power Cables, OPPO 205 Player, DIY 3 way speakers

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 04:45:22 PM
I often wondered why certain Denon SUT's had female jacks on the enclosure, then wired pigtails coming out (to go to the phono stage).  I think I've finally figured that one out!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man