Dac questions?

tsingle999 · 3367

Offline tsingle999

• We are all here because we are not all there.
on: June 04, 2015, 05:41:40 AM
I have been using the dac a lot. Love it! I either use the usb to Mac mini or the coaxial to digitally upgraded squeezebox. The Mac mini direct is better but the squeezebox more convenient. I bought mapleshade audio toslink mini to toslink cable because they said it beats any usb cable (30 day refund). So I have it hooked up and i like it better than usb. More laid back presentation, wider soundstage. But I get random squeals or screeches every minute or so that last a second or two. The cable does not seat extremely firmly in the dac. The cable inserts fine it's just not squeezed tightly. If I move the dac a bit it comes unseated. Any ideas?
Also is there coaxial digital switcher? It would be nice to switch between the blu ray, cable box and squeezebox easily.

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.
Bottlehead Stat headphone amp with Wavelength Brick DAC

Offline tsingle999

Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:52:17 AM
Ok I see they make digital audio switchers. Anyone have any recommendations?

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 05:50:03 PM
Maybe use a little Bluetack to keep the cable in place...John

John Scanlon

Offline tsingle999

Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 06:50:03 AM
Thanks for the idea! I can't find my blue tack but wrapped a bit of plumbers tape and that holds it tight. There are steal squeals every minute or so though....

Offline gcos

Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 12:58:52 PM
Ok I see they make digital audio switchers. Anyone have any recommendations?

Check out the Inday digital switcher on Amazon, I have used it for over 5yrs w/o a problem.

Offline tsingle999

Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 06:41:21 PM
That sounds good. Thx.
I did find that the cable did not fit into the dac completely