Quickie 1.1 help with broken 3pos switch

rbc3 · 966

Offline rbc3

on: July 07, 2015, 11:59:19 PM
I picked up a Quickie 1.1 second hand.  I couldn't pass it up!  It seems to be running well but the 3 position switch doesn't stop after three positions.  The switch can be rotated 360 degrees and never stops.  Does anyone know how to fix it so that it stops after turning it three positions in each direction?  Or should I go and buy a replacement 3 position switch for it?  I was hoping to not have to solder in a new switch, but if that's the only way to go, it's easy enough...

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Robert C

Paramount 1.1 300B, Tekton Design Seas Pendragon, Stereomour 2A3, Omega Hemptone 8, Acoustic Signature Challenger Mk3, JMW 9T, Dynavector XX2mkII, Clearaudio Balance, Quickie 1.1, Schiit Bifrost Uber, Mainline, Audeze LCD2.2, AKG K1000, HiFiman HE-500, Sennheiser HD650, AK120

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 06:29:31 AM
There's a tabbed washer on the switch that sets the stops, as Grainger mentioned.  We can sell you a replacement switch, then you can transplant the washer to your Quickie (no need to do any soldering, the switch can be moved back from the panel and the washer installed without removing wires).

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man