Does the xmos driver work with windows 10?

Johnnycopy · 6844

Offline Johnnycopy

on: August 03, 2015, 03:31:30 PM
Wondering if anyone has tried yet?

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 09:05:24 AM
I'm having a few issues with mine since upgrading to Windows 10. It works in theory, however every time i start up my PC i have to power cycle the DAC before windows will detect it, then it works fine until i shutdown and restart again.  A small issue, but an annoying one.

I've exhaust all sorts of tricks to resolve it without any luck, updated driver versions dont seem to be freely available to the public.  Do the BH guys have access to any updates?  the driver pack i have is (XMOS-Stereo-USB-Audio-Class2-Driver-305B(v2.26.0))

Cheers,

Mark

M.McCandless

Offline mcandmar

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 11:54:38 AM
Done some more testing.  Removing and reconnecting the USB cable makes no difference, the DAC just isn't detected.  I have to power cycle the DAC to get it to detect again, and it doesn't seem to matter if the USB cable it connected or not as once it powers up the machine detects it.

The bug with the wrong sample rate being detected seems to be a permanent fixture now.   I can set the windows output to 44.1, 88.2, 176k and it locks in fine, but 48k, 96k, 192k all step down to the rate below and distorts the sound.   I used to only get this issue occasionally after a cold start but was never an issue as i leave the DAC running 24/7.  No matter what i try i cant get around it anymore which is a real problem.

Using WASPI via foobar works perfectly for every sample rate, it seems like it only the Windows Direct Sound stack that isn't working correctly.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:00:14 PM by mcandmar »

M.McCandless

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 04:55:41 PM
Just want everyone to know that John has been doing some testing related to the XMOS chip and drivers, USB 3.0, new Macs, etc. Hopefully he will have some info to share soon and who knows, it may be useful to Win10 users too.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline mcandmar

Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 06:36:43 PM
I'm 99.9% sure i have managed to resolve my issues with PB's help.   I believe most of the issues i encountered were complications caused by the upgrade process from 8.1 to 10, if anybody else has issues we should be able to resolve them with a few simple steps.   Short answer, it should work fine with Windows 10

M.McCandless

Offline Johnnycopy

Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 04:36:52 PM
Upgraded to win 10.  Works with no problems.