battery question for the quickie

balancedtriode · 8572

Offline balancedtriode

on: June 20, 2010, 03:52:53 PM
i was thinking and i couldnt think of any reason that why this would not work please correct me if i am wrong  but lets say i had the battery in a box and wired to a terminal strip then wired them to a 6 pin mini DIN connector , then used a 6pin DIN Cable to another box with with a 6 pin  DIN connector then wired to a terminal strip then wired to the other components  would  this work  the 9v battery holders a wired in series so thats 2 leads 2D Cells so thats 4 more leads 6 lead total, so would this work? the mini DIN Cable inner wires are the same awg as the battery leads .

Thorens TD-160 Custom(rebuilt by me) with SME 3009 arm
Bottlehead Seduction
Extended Foreplay-III (build underway)
Stereomour Power Amp conversion (Heavily Modded)
Klipsch Cornwalls' with Vertical Horns

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 05:22:37 PM
This is probably OK for the 9 volts, but maybe not so hot for the D-cells (wire losses, noise pickup, etc).

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 12:10:58 AM
I would ask why would you want to do this?  The batteries do not produce hum as an AC powered supply will.  Maybe they are too ugly?  Some folks have put the Quickie batteries below the top plate.

Offline balancedtriode

Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 02:56:49 AM
the reason i want to do this is is make a more portable quickie for headphone use ive managed to fit all the componets and transformers in to one pretty small box that will attach to my belt the tube sockets are mounted on the top of the box and use spring loaded tube guards for heat disipation and to protect the tubes a short 6 pin din cable will lead to a box in my backpack

Thorens TD-160 Custom(rebuilt by me) with SME 3009 arm
Bottlehead Seduction
Extended Foreplay-III (build underway)
Stereomour Power Amp conversion (Heavily Modded)
Klipsch Cornwalls' with Vertical Horns

Offline Grainger49

Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 02:58:12 AM
It would pull my pants off without a tight belt.

Thanks, I understand now.