New 2A3 - Emission Labs solid plate

borism · 8459

Offline drewh1

Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 09:58:29 AM
Hey Boris - thanks for your reply, am going to buy the EML mesh as an xmas gift to myself.  I was thinking of building the Kaiju but am liking my stereomour so much with the upgrades, I think I'll just get the tubes.

happy Holidays!

J-River on Custom built Music Server in Silverstone Case
Ayre QB-9 USB DAC
Kaiju
Stereoumour
Diy Cotton wrapped wire interconnects and speaker cab!es
Green Mountain Audio EOS HDx speakers
Crack with Beyerdynamic T1
Shunyata Diamond Back Power Cable
DIY Sub with Seas L26Roy Driver

Offline Sugar Man

• The Last Honest Lawyer
Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 01:57:33 PM
These are my very old TJ Meshplates, which still sound good, but not as good as the new Sovteks in my Stereomour II. Bummer too, because the meshies are soooooo nice on the eyes.  I'm lusting for some EML Meshies, but just sprung for the Eros instead. First world problems.  Happy Holidays!

Mike "Stein" Ayotte

Current Gear:

Elekit TU-8600 300B w/Lundahl Trannies
Herron Audio VTPH-2a
Rega RP8 w/ Apheta 2
Bluesound Node 2i
Audio Note E Speaker Kit-04 w/ AlNiCo drivers

Stereomour II w/ Jupiters
Eros w/ Mundorf Silver Oils
Blumenstein Orcas & Subs

Offline borism

Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 02:25:47 AM
Recently, I came upon an almost NOS pair of black glass Ken-Rad 2A3 for a great price, so I ended up buying them. They have about 150 hrs on them by the prior owner and are essentially burned in.

How do they compare to my EML 2A3s? Well, they don't have as extended highs or bass and are slightly less resolving but the mid-range is wonderful. They are very musical. Now I can see what all the NOS supporters are talking about. Ultimately, I still prefer the EML but if you have the opportunity to get some reasonably priced NOS tubes you may be surprised.

Boris