I have two LEDs left over-did I miss something?

kip.duff · 1324

Offline kip.duff

on: December 02, 2015, 09:53:49 AM
Completed build of one of my monoblocks, and I'm getting ready to do checks.  Parts list in manual shows 10 HLMP 6000 supplied with kit.  I have two of the HLMP 6000 LEDs that haven't been put anywhere.  I can only find 4 locations to install them on each C4S board.  Are these extras that Bottlehead provides, or do I need to install them somewhere? 

Dr. Feickert Blackbird II w Reed 2A tonearm and Lyra Skala cartridge.  Eros 2.  Audio Note DAC 2.1 Signature.  BeePre with BeeQuiet and Paramount 1.1 monoblocs into A7 VOTTs or Nagoaka folded horns.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 10:00:48 AM
When the Paramount first came out, these were used to bias the driver tube when using the 2A3 output tube.  With the soft-start upgrade, these LED's were no longer necessary, but remained on the packing list anyway.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 10:01:46 AM
I don't have Paramounts but most of the Bottlehead kits use LED biasing on the driver tube (the smaller tube). Check your manual and associated photos in that area.

EDIT - Disregard this post. Paul B. gave you a better answer.

Offline kip.duff

Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 10:22:33 AM
Thanks..........

Dr. Feickert Blackbird II w Reed 2A tonearm and Lyra Skala cartridge.  Eros 2.  Audio Note DAC 2.1 Signature.  BeePre with BeeQuiet and Paramount 1.1 monoblocs into A7 VOTTs or Nagoaka folded horns.