PC not working with DAC [resolved]

glynnw · 2468

Offline glynnw

on: December 29, 2015, 07:47:04 PM
Of course the DAC works with the laptop running Vista my mother uses to shop on the internet.  But does it work with the brand new NUC D5420WYK I just built into a fanless case only to use to play music?  Running Windows 10 pro 64 bit.  I looked over previous forum topics.  What is happening is similar to what some reported with their MACs - there is a brief period of distorted music and then the DAC disappears from the music devices list and there is silence.   I have no idea what to do.  Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 05:49:15 AM by Caucasian Blackplate »

PC, J River software, opticaRendu, Schitt Ygg DAC,Tortuga Pre, Torta Radu tube buffer, Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10, Spatial Audio X5w/pair of GR Research dual 12" open baffle servo subwoofers tamed by DSpeaker Dual-Core DSP , Audience AU24 SE  spkr cable, handmade silver interconnects,

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 08:53:21 AM
See the bottom paragraph on page 9 of the manual, this may completely resolve your issue, and is the only issue I ran into with various PC's.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline glynnw

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 09:38:09 AM
Well, that got me started in the right direction.  No USB in boot menu, but I found a section for USB support - I dis-enabled Legacy and HCI (whatever that is) and it is now playing.  I think I may have converted all the USB 3.0 ports to 2.0, but I really don't know or care.  I am about to have my full stereo working after about a month of downtime.  Thanks again - you set me in theright direction.

PC, J River software, opticaRendu, Schitt Ygg DAC,Tortuga Pre, Torta Radu tube buffer, Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10, Spatial Audio X5w/pair of GR Research dual 12" open baffle servo subwoofers tamed by DSpeaker Dual-Core DSP , Audience AU24 SE  spkr cable, handmade silver interconnects,