Sex 2.0 with bottlehead iron upgrade

labrat 10 · 1756

Offline labrat 10

on: January 17, 2016, 12:22:08 PM
Finish installing the iron upgrade, during the resistance check on terminals 20,40 manual says 295 ohms, on terminal 20 I read 211 ohms and on terminal 40 I get 209 ohms. I have check the wiring and it looks right. I am using the resistance readings from the SEX 2.0 manual can somebody help me out?

Thanks
Tom

Offline DDDamian

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 03:09:08 PM
Finish installing the iron upgrade, during the resistance check on terminals 20,40 manual says 295 ohms, on terminal 20 I read 211 ohms and on terminal 40 I get 209 ohms. I have check the wiring and it looks right. I am using the resistance readings from the SEX 2.0 manual can somebody help me out?

Thanks
Tom

I'm pretty sure you're just measuring the change in the new transformers. I'm sure one of the gurus will jump in if anything's amiss, but I think you're fine. BTW - I did this upgrade and it really brought the SEX 2.0 to a new level. I felt I lost a little of the airiness and wider soundstage but gained a lot in terms of lower-frequency performance and oooomph in terms of punchiness and a lively sense of the music. Almost went from a 30th-row strings performance to a more intimate jazz setting with deeper bass and great driver control.

Hope you enjoy the upgrade - for me it was worth every penny.

Offline labrat 10

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 05:19:04 AM
DDDamian thanks for the reply. I went ahead and did the voltage check pretty much on the readings in the manual. Put the amp back in my system, put on some Rolling Stones could not believe the improvement in the sound should have done this years ago.

Another great Bottlehead product
Thanks, Tom