SEX vs Mainline - Doc's deal is making me think about another kit

Nathan · 2555

Offline Nathan

Now that Doc has a deal going on the Mainline, I need to ask, who has been able to compare the mainline to the sex?

I have a crack which is heavily modified, a modestly modified sex (c4s boards and impedance switch and a small mod to the power supply) and would not mind another kit to build. I find the sex higher resolving than the crack

So, what can I expect? I use two headphones primarily- Hifiman HE560 and a Beyerdynamoc T 1 2nd gen.

I also have a Bryston HPA-1 and I usually use the HE560's with the Bryston- personal preferance, so I wonder if the mainline is a do it all amp

Thanks in advance

Crack/Speedball, SEX 2.1/C4S, Bryston BHA-1

Sennheiser HD600/Cardas cable, Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen, Hifimam HE560/Hifiman balanced cable

Offline JamieMcC

Now that Doc has a deal going on the Mainline, I need to ask, who has been able to compare the mainline to the sex?

I have a crack which is heavily modified, a modestly modified sex (c4s boards and impedance switch and a small mod to the power supply) and would not mind another kit to build. I find the sex higher resolving than the crack

So, what can I expect? I use two headphones primarily- Hifiman HE560 and a Beyerdynamoc T 1 2nd gen.

I also have a Bryston HPA-1 and I usually use the HE560's with the Bryston- personal preferance, so I wonder if the mainline is a do it all amp

Thanks in advance

Having had a modded Crack in the past and currently have a modified Sex (Jupiter caps, Stepped attenuator and a choked power supply) as well a Mainline I have used the T1 (first gen) with all three and it was superb with the Crack, Sex and Mainline and then I tried the HD800 with the Mainline and it was a like well....

(https://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/1555329/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL)

If you like the Crack and Sex there is a very high chance your going to love the Mainline  ;D

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:37:25 PM by JamieMcC »

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!