Manual v1.1 instructions don't match photos

syncro · 1519

Offline syncro

• syncro architecture studio
on: May 01, 2016, 07:21:22 PM
Pin numbering seems clear, as do the instructions.  However, the photo of wiring does not match.  Wire is shown connected to pin #2, while the instructions state connection to pin #6.   Excerpts from Manual v1.1 appear below.   Please advise.

David Bogle
LinnLP12>Hagerman Piccolo>Hagerman Ripper / Musical Fidelity V-90 DAC / Sansui TU-717>BottleheadFPIII>Yamaha M-45>Klipsch ForteII

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 12:45:33 AM
Pin 2 is used on one side, and pin 6 on the other side.  They are both connected to the plate internally so it really doesn't matter.

M.McCandless

Offline syncro

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 06:16:46 AM
Thanks.  Mystery (the important one) solved.   Why the mismatch remains, remains.  Guess most bottleheads know these things about pins and plates.

I'll probably leave the wire soldered to #6, and cut the excess length from it.  Checking / testing the build tonight!

David Bogle
LinnLP12>Hagerman Piccolo>Hagerman Ripper / Musical Fidelity V-90 DAC / Sansui TU-717>BottleheadFPIII>Yamaha M-45>Klipsch ForteII

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 08:33:24 AM
Which PDF reader are you using for this, and what is the date of publication of your manual (the date is in the file name).  Here is a screenshot of the manual we have, which shows the connections to B4 and B2, as well as the photograph that shows exactly this.

The mismatch becomes helpful when installing the PJCCS.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline syncro

Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 09:22:29 PM
Thanks for the clarification  and news that there is a corrected manual about.  I am not planning for the CSS upgrade, but I have not really put this pre-amp to task yet.  I find the tubes are very susceptible to noise if touched, but I have only been able to use it to try and troubleshoot a Dynaco ST-70 I am building.  May not be a good match....

"Quickie_1.1.pdf" is the name of the file I copied to my hard drive.  I will check the CD for any date, but I don't think I would have removed that from the filename.   (Every PDF I make in my work incorporates the date in the filename as well, so I understand the necessity for this!)

David Bogle