Wright WPP100C & WPS04 Schematics/Photos?

jdrouin · 1452

Offline jdrouin

on: May 19, 2016, 11:43:42 AM
I'm new to the forum, as I'm considering the Kaiju 300B kit and one of the line stages. However, I need to think about preamplification too and am wondering if anyone might have schematics or interior pictures of the George Wright WPP100C phono preamp and its WPS04 power supply.

I really like the sound of that unit and would like to try and make something similar to go with the Kaiju, yet as we know George never left schematics. To date I've not been able to find interior pictures on the web.

The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine has captures of his Tech Talk pages where he describes the circuits.

There is also a thread at Audiogon in which someone reproduces emails from George discussing component selection (sorry, not able to post links here).

I could use these as clues to try and develop a schematic, but it would be much easier if anyone had already done it or could supply interior pics of their units (or point me to where they can be found).

I'm not trying to copy it but to study it and make a custom design that would have a similar sound characteristics. I've lost a few auctions. Since these things almost never go on sale, I'm determined to build something similar. It's actually the only tube phono preamp I've ever heard, so I'm trying to match experience with the book- and forum-learning I've been doing for the past couple of years.

Many thanks for any advice you might be able to provide.

Jeff
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:03:45 PM by jdrouin »

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 12:59:43 PM
Unfortunately George never drew up schematics for his products.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.