stereomour 2 voltage checks [resolved]

kivanculgener · 1516

Offline kivanculgener

on: June 19, 2016, 10:43:20 PM
Hello ;
        i' ve just completed stereomour 2.in my country , we use 220-230 v electricity.i got first ac voltage test as 226 and wired the transformer as should be . resistance checks  were in avarage values.Voltage checks were in avarage values too. except T7 and T14.1 got T7 246v but t14 182v (actually these values are in avarage but i think they should be same or near values).i connect the speakers and gave a chance to her to sing.This was the most musical and captivating sound that i have ever heard for my all audiophille life.i am very happy right now .i am listenning to my records and hi-res music for two days.i didn't recheck the voltages. Never heard anything that annoying me.no buzz,no hum no stereo imbalance.she has very good soundstage.better than my existing amplifiers.i don't want to change things . i am afraid of resoldering some points not to couse differ something.BUT i am a little anxious that i am doing something wrong.t7 and t14 are always in my mind.Can i keep on listenning as it is or should i make some experimetations to make their values same or at least near.Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:31:33 PM by Caucasian Blackplate »

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 05:52:06 AM
On the schematic the voltage is shown as 170-230v, which most tubes will achieve. But actually, the maximum workable range is 125 to 325v. It won't hurt anything to leave it as is.

But hopefully, the high voltage at T7 just means the driver tube has not been fully broken in - technically the cathode is not fully formed. Typically this means to operate the amp for 50-100 hours and check the voltages again. This is what I would do if it were my amp.

If you are in a hurry, a test of this theory would be to swap the 12AT7's from side to side and see if the high voltage follows the tube. That would at least help determine that the wiring around the tubes is good. It's not a 100% unequivocal test, since the 12AT7 has two triodes and only one is used - and they are different from side to side.

Paul Joppa

Offline kivanculgener

Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 07:18:10 AM
Hı Mr.joppa;
  Ä° am sorry for being late to thank you.Your comfirmation made me feel comfortable.ı will make what ever you tell me to do.but not now. Because right now ı am getting enjoy my self listenin to my records.these are the magic moments.Thank you and your team for this baby