Quickie v1 vs AC powered Quickie vs eFP3

tsingle999 · 1770

Offline tsingle999

• We are all here because we are not all there.
on: June 24, 2016, 03:51:00 AM
Switching between the 3. At first i liked the AC Quickie better but the more I listened I tended to favor the V1. The V1 has Telefunken tubes that took me years to find. So i decided to switch tubes from AC to V1. Theres no comparison to me. V1 wins! So the telefunkens are not broken in or not all they're cracked up to be. The eFP3 is really good too - maybe a bit more bass which I like but its a bit more congested sounding compared to quickie. The quickie really has separation between instruments. Just my opinion but if you haven't tried a quickie you really should give it a shot!

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.
Bottlehead Stat headphone amp with Wavelength Brick DAC

Offline AllanMarcus

• Mainlining my way to bliss
    • My DIY Site
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 08:14:36 AM
What's an AC powered Quickie? Is there info on this mod?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:37:54 AM by AllanMarcus »

This space for rent

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:45:39 AM
Tell me more about the AC quickie, any schematic of pics of the internals?   The filament supply is very important, the difference between a linear regulator and a shunt regulator was significant in mine.

M.McCandless

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 11:52:47 AM
The Smash is basically an AC powered Quickie.  The one that I built was quite experimental, required several power transformers, and occupied a rather large enclosure.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man