Update : In heaven with Mikey's B7

Frank Mena · 2380

Offline Frank Mena

on: August 03, 2010, 03:40:30 AM
 Not sure where this post should go so I'll stick it here and if the moderators wish to move it to the General section please do so.

I really like it, that is the addition of the Magnequest 15K:500 B7 to the Foreplay II.  It's been a couple weeks now and I really like it.   I primarily listen to vinyl  (via  Seduction with Cinemag step ups and a DL103R) and my  Foreplay II has a whole bunch of mods, including the Psuedo Dual Mono Power Supply (using motor-run caps), walwart DC filament heaters, snubber and the CS4.   I took out the CF boards and installed the HLMP-6000 as per the post below.  I had 3.3 uF Auricaps in place for the output caps to the B7 but something wasn't quite right to my ears.  So I had some 15uF motor-run caps in my loose parts box thought what the heck and installed them.  Wow, what a difference.  Very very nice. I  listened to some John Hiatt (Bring the Family), Dire Straits (Brothers in Arms), Eric Bibb (Painting Signs), Satchmo Plays King Oliver and Kenny Burrell's Midnight Blue.    All titles, seduced me in and I listened to well into the wee hours as a very happy camper.

I can just imagine that adding the B7's to the FPIII would make a killer pre.  Of course YMMV and all that other stuff but I heartily recommend this B7 trans from Magnequest.  Mikey does make "the good stuff".  Get well soon Mike.

Just a side note thank-you to the Bottlehead crew.  Even though my FPII has been superceded by the FPIII,  I was still able to get help on this board with a product that's been out of production for a while.  That alone speaks volumes of the class Bottlehead has in their dealings with customers. 

Thanks

Frank M

Foreplay 2, Paramour with iron upgrade, Seduction, Theater 4 pi Speakers, DIY TT with Jelco 750 tonearm and Denon DL103R with cinemag steups