Fostex P1000-BH 4" Full Range Back-loaded Horn

Wanderer · 4084

Offline Wanderer

on: September 08, 2016, 02:51:05 AM
Anyone spend any time in the same room with this kit??

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/full-range-speaker-kits/fostex-p1000-bh-4-full-range-back-loaded-horn-kit-pair/

I have heard tell that the P1000E and P800E DIY Kanspea bass reflex cabinets are rather flimsy. Wondering if the BLH internal baffles add a bit of bracing to the light cabinets. Frankly looks like it will function more as a short TL but what do I know?  Anyone? Price seems pretty tempting.     

Kevin R-M

Offline [email protected]

Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 02:29:04 PM
I have built both the 4" and 8", I liked the four so much that I wanted the bigger one, they are super sturdy, birch plywood and braced for a tornado, you will need a set of clamps of different sizes. Don't believe that you can glue them with masking tape as they claim. On the 8 " I bought Decwares DSR 8
modified fostex, it cost around $100.00 extra but it is well worth it.

I am running the 8" with the sex and that is super sweet, I gave the 4 " to my daughter and she loves them, I would go all the way for the 8" if I were to give advice, you will not be sorry.

I have enclosed some pics for you to see

Don Troise

Offline Wanderer

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 02:40:10 AM
Glad you like the BK-12m and BK-20 but I am asking about the Fostex P1000-BH 4" which looks like a development of the Kanspea line.

Kevin R-M