A Good Bass Test

rockpassion · 1268

Offline rockpassion

on: November 21, 2016, 02:58:46 PM
Hello All,

The other day in one of the forums I read about a reissue of the Tron Legacy soundtrack by Daft Punk.  I enjoy Daft Punk and also much of the EDM music genre.  As a result I found it is being sold on Amazon for about $24.00.  I bought it Saturday and received it on Monday. 

I found the music too be exceptional.  A combination of real good orchestra with EDM style riffs.  What I was really impressed with was the bass.  I have been looking for a record that promotes the bass in sections.  I found it to be a great record to test out bass from your Analog setup.  The bass was not only very concise in spots like the affects of a bass drum in a small jazz ensemble.  It was very discernable and specific to a spot in the room.  Then there was bass that just filled the whole room, very deep all encompassing sound. 

Just my take on a great soundtrack.  Recommend it to all. 

Richard

Richard Vince

VPI MkIV, Woody Tonearm w/Shelter 501 MkII Cart. w/Soundsmith rebuild, Cinemag CMQEE-3440A SUT, Eros Phono Preamp, Beepre Preamp , QuickSilver V4 Amps, DIY 89259 Speaker Cables  & interconnects, VH Audio Power Cables, OPPO 205 Player, DIY 3 way speakers

Offline Rocketman248

Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 03:38:30 PM
That's one of my favorite soundtracks.  The Interstellar soundtrack is another good one to test your bass.

Nick DeBrita
Yokosuka, Japan