Paramour 1 blown fuse

HMushman · 2045

Offline HMushman

on: January 06, 2017, 12:23:13 PM
One of my Paramours(built around 2000) just blew a fuse,found jeff g's post from five years ago.Tubes are good,rectifier diodes read infinity.T1 resistance is 100 ohms,T2 is 140 ohms(good amp reads 220 and 200 respectively.Power Transformer readings:black to white 10 ohms,brown to orange 137 ohms(220 on good amp)violet to orange 143 ohms(230 on good amp)brown to violet 174 ohms(440 on good amp,all other readings same as good operating amp.Disconnected 15 k resistor and half of twisted pair at T15 to separate power circuit from amp circuit:blew fuse again.Clipped two diodes at T1 &T2 and the fuse blew again.It sounds just like jeff g's problem but I never saw if this was corrected by new power transformer(Hammond)or if it was something else.If this corrected the problem whats next?I understand these transformers are not available so can I upgrade with newer one?Thanks in advance for any ideas/help.
Bart

Bart Balch

Foreplay I-Anticipation-Sweetest Whispers(Retired)
Parasound P/FET-900
Paramour I-C4s-PT10-Mogami Interconnects
Cambridge Audio D500 SE
Sansui TU 717
Klipsch RF-7

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 12:31:59 PM
Pull the tubes and disconnect the transformer from the high voltage rectifiers and see if it still blows the fuse when you power up the unloaded transformer.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline HMushman

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 03:23:33 PM
Pulled tubes and rectiffiers, blew fuse!

Bart Balch

Foreplay I-Anticipation-Sweetest Whispers(Retired)
Parasound P/FET-900
Paramour I-C4s-PT10-Mogami Interconnects
Cambridge Audio D500 SE
Sansui TU 717
Klipsch RF-7

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 04:15:00 PM
The current transformer we have for 2A3s is the one used in the Stereomour. It's for a stereo amp and thus not even remotely the same in terms of size or wiring configuration. Maybe someone here might have an old Paramour and be willing to part with the power transformer.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.