anyone using the BeePre with the Stereomour II?

denti alligator · 1631

Offline denti alligator

on: February 20, 2017, 10:34:31 AM
I'm curious if anyone is using the BeePre in front of their Stereomour. I'm contemplating it. Curious how it would affect the overall sound signature.

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline denti alligator

Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 01:37:35 PM
I've put my Quickie in front of the Stereomour and it's hard to say what it brings to the sound, if anything. The extra gain is nice to have, when playing records. At lower volumes I think I like it better without the Quickie. Volume matched I can barely tell the difference, though.

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline Alonzo

• Not all those who wander are lost
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 02:48:03 PM
Passive in front of 2 Stereomours, Smash in front of the other one.  I didn't need the extra gain until I got some MMG's, then I had to do the interconnect puzzle and dance to get everything connected so the Smash/Stereomour/MMG combo could play all the sources. 

Alonzo
Gameroom:>Mainline to HD820, SR45 to Pipette
>BeePree Kaiju & SII to Altec 19 knockoffs
Office:>BH Stat amp to Koss 95x, T20 SET to JBL 4309s
Den:> MorePlay 845 SET to Altec Valencia's