SEX 3.0 with HD800?

yay · 1761

Offline yay

on: March 05, 2017, 06:43:43 AM
Has anyone tried the new SEX 3.0 with HD800's yet?
I have some modded ones which sound great with my crack, but want to use the SEX for my computer setup and move the crack in the living room. I assume it should be atleast as good as the older model, and people seemed to enjoy it with the hd800.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 06:55:24 AM
Yup, it works very well. A little more resolution than Crack and a little more neutral without sacrificing bass.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline yay

Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 07:35:19 AM
Another question here, with the kit on the way.
For what impendance would i be wiring the kit if i want to use it for my hd800 and my blumenstein orcas (desktop setup)?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:39:10 AM
Another question here, with the kit on the way.
For what impendance would i be wiring the kit if i want to use it for my hd800 and my blumenstein orcas (desktop setup)?
8 Ohms would be my recommendation.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline yay

Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 07:44:09 AM
thanks, will try that first

Offline bob lennon

Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 08:19:46 AM
8 Ohms would be my recommendation.
Hi, I am new to the forum. I am building the 3.0 kit and wired it for 4 ohms, though I plan to use a pair of 8 ohm bookshelf speakers because the instructions say that 4 ohms is better for headphones. What would be the reason to wire for 8 ohms for speakers rated 8 ohms and under?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 06:39:12 AM
Hi, I am new to the forum. I am building the 3.0 kit and wired it for 4 ohms, though I plan to use a pair of 8 ohm bookshelf speakers because the instructions say that 4 ohms is better for headphones. What would be the reason to wire for 8 ohms for speakers rated 8 ohms and under?
4 ohms will indeed work really well with headphones and bookshelf speakers alike.  For a small set of bookshelf speakers that aren't particularly sensitive (Orcas), there will be a little extra power available on the 8 Ohm tap.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man