Non USB DAC for Raspberry Pi

Natural Sound · 24738

Offline BNAL

Reply #45 on: February 28, 2014, 06:05:28 AM
Follow this link for a simple fix.

http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-3-network-setup/test-and-configure

I just received the new dongle and if I still have dropout issues I will give that fix a try. Also, recceived the HIFIBerry and can't wait to get it up and running.

Brad Nalitt
Iron Upgraded S.E.X. Amp 2.0
Foreplay III
Quickie w/PJCCS
Eros Phono
Blumenstein Orca Speakers, Baby Benthic Subs
S.E.X.y Speakers W/FT17H Horn Tweeters
Thorens TD 125 MkII W/ Shure M97xE JICO SAS Stylus

Offline SammyJ

Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 08:32:07 AM
Let us know how it goes!  I had the wifi dropout issue as well, as mentioned, it was the power management settings.

I've read that the ethernet bus is shared by the USB bus, so there's a chance of noise introduction, but i haven't noticed any audible difference between wifi and wired. 

Good luck!

Offline BNAL

Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 09:09:32 AM
I have been using the Edimax EW-7811Un wifi with no problem. There has been no need to change the config on the Pi.

The HIFIBerry DAC is a nice DAC and is very easy to setup and use with PiCorePlayer. I have had no dropout or buffering issues. It sound niice, especially for the price. I just swapped out the Samsung phone charger with a linear power supply I built last night,but have not had a chance to sitdown and give it a listen to see if it improve the sound.

Brad Nalitt
Iron Upgraded S.E.X. Amp 2.0
Foreplay III
Quickie w/PJCCS
Eros Phono
Blumenstein Orca Speakers, Baby Benthic Subs
S.E.X.y Speakers W/FT17H Horn Tweeters
Thorens TD 125 MkII W/ Shure M97xE JICO SAS Stylus