Seduction problem

wesleyHK · 3041

Offline wesleyHK

on: August 15, 2019, 08:19:26 AM
Hi,

I haven't been on this forum for over 10 yrs.  I've got problem, I assume this is the correct place to ask about my problem?

I have a Seduction with C4S upgrade that I built over 10 yrs. ago.  It's been stored for many years, but I started using it last week with no problems.

Yesterday I was using it and the all of the sudden I get a lot dadadada sound, loud enough to have to turn it off.

I looked under the unit.

The LED's at tube pin 3 and 6 are flashing.  So are two on the C4S board.

I switched out the tubes for another pair, but still same problem.

I don't think I have the manual anymore, since I moved back to the states 3 yrs. ago. 

I have no idea how to troubleshoot it.

I hope someone can help.

Regards,

Wesley

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 09:37:10 AM
Hello Wesley,

Yes, this is certainly the place to post.

What you are describing would likely come from a loose connection or unsoldered joint somewhere in the Seduction.  You could power up the Seduction with nothing attached at the inputs and outputs, then carefully poke around with a wooden chopstick to see if you can find a spot that changes the behavior of the preamp.  That will help narrow down your resoldering efforts. 

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline wesleyHK

Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 09:46:08 AM
ok, thanks Paul.

Offline wesleyHK

Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 07:01:32 PM
Hi Paul,

I fixed it.  It was a switch I put in many years ago to allow for setting the input loading.  I had it in the center position, it should have been in one of the two other positions.  Stupid me forgot after all these years.

I have 2 phono amps and a pre-amp I built over 10 years ago and they are still going strong.  I've never had any problems whatsoever.  Your gear is the best.

Thanks again for your help.

Wesley

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 04:42:46 AM
It sounds like it's time for a switch with no center position!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man