Something new - 2A3 monoblocks

Doc B. · 3001

Offline triode

Reply #30 on: November 15, 2019, 11:58:47 AM
I know you would not recommend it, but is it possible to built these in mirror configuration without too much trouble? What would be the greatest challenge for mirror build?
Note that, I did mirror build for my Paramount. Its rather confusing but thank God nothing serious happened.

Thanks

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #31 on: November 15, 2019, 12:28:53 PM
I don't see why you couldn't.  The plates come powder coated with the top side being well finished and the bottom side not so well finished so the grounds can connect to the chassis properly.  You would have to sand one down and powder coat the other side. 

If you didn't have any issues building the mirrored Paramount, then building a mirrored MonAmour shouldn't be too tough.  Things will change a fair bit in terms of 4 pin socket wiring, as you'll have to mirror the socket as well so the filament pins still face the hum pot (you probably did this for your Paramounts as well).

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline triode

Reply #32 on: November 16, 2019, 04:05:01 PM
Thanks Paul,
If the plate already finished then I might just use it rather then flip it and try to match the finish!

BTW these have universal power transformer, correct? Its 240VAC line in my country

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #33 on: November 16, 2019, 04:38:06 PM
Yes, the power transformers are universal, and there is a true 240V nominal winding option (along with 220V and 230V).

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man