News: Trouble logging in? Log in from the login page.
May 31, 2020, 05:32:24 AM

Author Topic: Shipping status - basically ROCKIN'  (Read 200 times)

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Shipping status - basically ROCKIN'
« on: May 15, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »
Knowing that a lot of folks are still stuck at home (knowing this because we have been getting lots and lots of orders) we have been absolutely hammering to build inventory and ship orders as quickly as possible during the lockdown. At the risk of hurting a shoulder patting myself on the back, I invite you to look at our shipping status page.

https://bottlehead.com/bottlehead-kit-delivery-status/

Aside from a couple kits waiting for parts due in next week and about 20 Crack kit orders that date back to only ten days ago at the earliest (we will be working on those on Monday) we are staying caught up with your many orders - orders for which we are most grateful.

Bottom line is, now is a pretty darned good time to order a kit and not have to wait too long to get it. Our average shipping time of 4 to 6 weeks has been more like two or three weeks lately, and a few kits have even gone out in a couple of days. So far our suppliers have been running pretty close to a normal ship time with parts, so we hope to be able to maintain this lead time in the near future.

Obviously we can't predict how long this will last. Forewarned is forearmed. Thanks once again for all of your orders!
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline jtori

Re: Shipping status - basically ROCKIN'
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 01:58:03 AM »
I want to express my appreciation to you, Eileen, Paul and other extended members of the Bottle head squad for the way you all are supporting order and parts delivery.  Also, the speed with which you respond to build questions. 

Because I live in Michigan, many normal activities are curtailed.  And, it looks like it'll stay that way for a while.  To remain vital, the tech enterprise I lead has needed to pivot and change the ways we operate.  I have found each phase of the process (woodworking, metal finishing and wiring) of building the Crackatwoa immersive and therapeutic.  At the end of my work day, I look forward to sipping a scotch, cueing up some tunes and firing up the soldering iron.  I know this kit build will come to a end soon and wish I had a couple more packed away waiting to be built. 

Thanks for what you're doing, and stay safe.

Best,

Joe.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 05:09:57 AM »
Thank you so much, Joe!
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Thermioniclife

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 05:21:32 AM »
Hi Eileen and Doc,
Hoping you are feeling better Doc. Holy smokes I ordered a Mainline 11 days ago and got a shipping email yesterday, wow that was fast! Looking forward to the build.
Thanks to everybody at Bottlehead for all the joy you bring to us. Stay well and happy.
Regards,
Lee
Lee R.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 11:29:07 AM »
We are in even better shape as of today. Probably the most caught up we have been in 20 years. We have been hammering at Crack kits this week and will have shipped all orders thru May 13th this afternoon. More Crack kits will ship as soon as some parts arrive early/mid next week. One final straggler from a big batch of tape path kits that came in over the past two weeks is also shipping today with the arrival of some bearings it needed.

https://bottlehead.com/bottlehead-kit-delivery-status/

This week a big bunch of S.E.X. kit orders came in as well as Mainline and an Eros 2 orders (and of course those Crack orders just keep a comin'). We've been working on building up our parts inventory over the past few months and we have already started kitting those new orders while awaiting the few parts which should show up by the end of next week to complete them.

Now that we have settled into these semi-new digs for a few months and built our inventory we hope to be able to sustain this shorter wait time for a kit into the future. Thanks again to everyone for all of your support during this crazy time we are living in. Queenie and I really appreciate your keeping us so busy!
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Thermioniclife

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 11:44:28 AM »
You bet your Bippy you guy's are Rockin!
Ordered a Mainline on the 4th just got it today! Warp speed.
I am in full " kid in candy store mode now "
Thanks Eileen and Doc
Lee R.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 12:14:53 PM »
Thank you, Lee! Enjoy.
Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline WK3K

• Beginning to see the light...
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 05:00:07 AM »
Yes, a big here here to y’all! I sold my SEX and Reduction the first weekend San Francisco entered shelter in place and will leave quarantine with a brand new Stereomour and Eros. You guys did a great job of getting both kits down here fast and I really appreciated the help from Eileen and PB getting order and build questions answered.

I finished the Stereomour on Thursday night and had my first real listening session last night. I am so blown away. I can’t wait to wrap the Eros to see what this baby can do with vinyl, but I’m limiting myself to one section per day so that I don’t run out of build before lockdown ends. It’s been vital to mental health to disconnect from the world and focus on a project like this. I’m glad to have a hobby that allows me to be a responsible adult and WANT to stay home!
Witold

Rega P3-24 w/ Rega Exact > Eros (pending) > Quickie w/PJCCS > Stereomour > Blumenstein Orca Mini/Max 2.1

MacBook > Grace SDAC > Crack w/ Speedball > Sennheiser HD6XX