Completed build

punderdown · 2993

Offline punderdown

on: September 28, 2020, 06:36:42 AM
Just finished building my Moreplay. Hooked it up to my Stereomour to test it out. Sounds lovely. Eventually it will go in to my desktop system, fronting my Seductor.

A few minor issues with the instructions:

Pg. 24 instructions say to attach a black wire to the L tab of the IEC inlet, it should attach to tab N. Also the instructions say to attach the other end of the wire to 34L but leave out soldering it.

Pg. 41 instructions say to attach wires to A3 and B3 and do not solder. However nothing else gets attached to these terminals so I would think they need to be soldered at this point.

Pg. 59 voltage check lists a DC voltage of 225-275 at terminals 10 and 20 however nothing is attached to these terminals so they read 0.

Phil

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 06:40:28 AM
That's looking nice.  How are you enjoying it ahead of your Steremour?

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline jtori

Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 11:55:50 AM
Looks great!  Nice job!  Enjoy!

Joe.

Offline Karl5150

Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 02:15:14 AM
Very clean build, the layout should compliment your Seductor well.
Karl

Karl
Downstairs: Planar3>PH-16>Stereomour II>OB Betsy+
Upstairs: RP1>Eros/CD5004>Seductor (2x Monoblocks)>FH3
Office: Modi Uber 2/Sirius>SEX2.1.1>µFonken FF85WK + DC160 subs
BR: FiiO M6>SEX3.0.1>ScanSpeak 10F + TangBand W6 (Mono)/DT770Pro
Garage: X12 streamer>Quicksand>Minimus 77

Offline punderdown

Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 03:38:12 AM
Into my Stereomour, which is hooked up to Klipsch Heresy IIIs, the sound with the Moreplay is slightly fuller. Without it the Stereomour plays plenty loud enough into the Heresy IIIs, but I would describe it as leaner. Not sure yet which I prefer. Given that the Stereomour has volume control and input selector I probably wouldn't have thought of adding the Moreplay in front of it. I've always felt the Heresy IIIs were a little bass shy in my system so I'm really liking the sound with the Moreplay...

No noticeable microphonics, the selector switch is quiet and doesn't pop when changing. Plus, it's nice to have a balance control.

This is a really, really nice preamp.

Phil

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 04:46:44 AM
Sounds like maybe that one will stay with the Stereomour. Time to order another Moreplay for the Seductor desktop system.  ;)

Nice attention to detail. Great looking build!

Offline ScottAstroNut

Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 04:00:48 AM
I am just starting on my Moreplay build and am wondering about the errors in the manual found by the OP.

Would someone at Bottlehead confirm these errors? Are there any other errors/corrections to be made?

Thanks!

Scott Burgess

BeePre 2, Kaiju, Eros 2, Rega P6, Rega Apollo CD player, Bryston BDA-1 DAC, Bryston BDP-1 streamer, Jager speakers, Mainline for headphones.

Offline ScottAstroNut

Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 04:01:36 AM
By the way... Punderdown: GREAT BUILD!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 04:20:48 AM by ScottAstroNut »

Scott Burgess

BeePre 2, Kaiju, Eros 2, Rega P6, Rega Apollo CD player, Bryston BDA-1 DAC, Bryston BDP-1 streamer, Jager speakers, Mainline for headphones.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 05:37:27 AM
The errors posted are accurate. I know of no others than those mentioned here.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline ScottAstroNut

Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 08:34:54 AM
Thanks, Doc!

Looking forward to another amazing Bottlehead build with the Moreplay!

Scott

Scott Burgess

Offline rockdrummer

Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 10:08:08 AM
I finished my build last night, but didn't have time to do any testing.  I hope to get that done tonight and insert it into my rig.

On page 51, the red and black wires from the selector switch to the lower front and rear lugs of the balance potentiometer say to attach and solder on the balance potentiometer, but there are more connections to make on those, so don't solder those two lugs until later.

I was seriously sad when I turned the page in the manual and there wasn't any more steps. 

Can't wait to hear it tonight.

Ben

Offline Cary

Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 06:27:33 AM
On my build, I'm up to page 32, just taking my time and enjoying the process. If I make a mistake and require Paul's help I will owe him a batch of cookies. Hee hee.

Offline Section1

Reply #12 on: January 28, 2021, 01:05:37 PM
Very nice looking system. Well done.

Offline johnsonad

Reply #13 on: January 28, 2021, 03:20:15 PM
Nice looking build!

Aaron Johnson

Offline erick.lehnert.baron@gmail

Reply #14 on: March 15, 2021, 12:22:38 PM
Beautiful build. But why did you leave those old beer cans (Hamms?) inside? Aren't you afraid of them shorting out something? :o. I'm waiting for my Moreplay kit in the mail. YooHoo. So I appreciate your comments and photos. It's been a long time since I soldered up a kit of any sort. I did a Heathkit receiver and a metal detector kit about 40 years ago. I have a nice workstation set up already and have been practicing soldering skills. I'm a Scotch drinker so I won't be leaving any beer cans in my project.